Think you have a bad boss? Read on…
People waste a lot of their productive time on stressing out about the behavior of their bad boss. It not only costs companies on health care of employees but employees also suffer a greater negative effect on their happiness and productivity.
Recently, BambooHR has released a ‘Bad Boss Index’ which ranks 24 typical boss behaviors from ‘Totally Acceptable’ to ‘Totally Unacceptable’. Few other main points from the research are:
- 44% said that a boss has been the primary reason they have left a job.
- 31% of women said they left due to inappropriate behavior of their boss while 20% of men said the same.
The top 10 bad boss behaviors according to the BambooHR study are:
- Take credit for your work.
- Doesn’t appear to trust or empower you.
- Doesn’t appear to care if you are overworked.
- Doesn’t appear to advocate for you when it comes to monetary compensation.
- Hires and promotes the wrong people.
- Doesn’t back you up when there is a dispute between you and one of your company’s clients.
- Doesn’t provide proper direction on your role or assignments.
- Micromanages you and doesn’t allow you the freedom to work.
- Focuses more on your weakness than your strengths.
- Doesn’t set clear expectations.
What are your thoughts on this? Please share in the comments.